On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Alex Fink<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 17:57:18 +0100, Eugene Oh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>At the time I was really proud of this innovation, but then of course I
>>discovered some time later that ANADEW. What cold water!
>
> _Polypersonal agreement_, i.e. verbs agreeing with more than the subject, is
> far from unusual.

But what form does such agreement usually take?  Does an agglutinative
language which takes an affix to indicate subject and another affix to
indicate object count?

I ask because I was under the impression that polypersonal
*inflections*, where a single unanalyzable morpheme indicates both
subject and object (as in Klingon) were relatively rare.

--
Mark J. Reed <[log in to unmask]>