On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Arnt Richard Johansen<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The UoC Magazine does indeed refer to "gxuu" in the lead-in paragraph. Odd e-mail orthography _and_ a repeated vowel. Do Esperanto words get stranger than that?

If I were picking favorite words from Esperanto, I'd probably go for
something that's opaque if you're trying to treat it as an "at-sight"
language like Interlingua or Occidental, but perfectly clear when you
know the derivation system; e.g. "aliĝilo", registration form;
to-intransitivizer-tool-noun.   Or maybe "samurbano", sympolitan;
same-city-member-noun.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/