> Hi all.
>
> Post-LCC3, and during its IRC, several people suggested that we
> organize a regular group chat on IRC.
>
> The point of this is that it can be a non-idle-mode chat - bring out
> people who aren't interested in just 'hanging out' all the time, and
> give some specific topic to motivate conversation and break the ice.
>
> As usual, I suggest doing this Saturday at ~11am PST, as it seems to
> be a reasonable time for almost everyone. I will also set up a Java
> IRC client on conlang.org for those who don't have real IRC clients of
> their own (though I strongly recommend you get one - eg mIRC
> [Windows], Colloquy [OSX], xchat [linux]).

mIRC is not to be recommended under Windows. BersIRC or irssi are a better choice, irssi is also a recommendable client under Linux and other Unixen.
> So:
> a) what days / schedule? How about e.g. every 1st Saturday of the month?
Sounds okay and not too harsh on the people in CETonia.
> b) what IRC network / channel? oftc supports chanserv & therefore is
> proof against takeovers; freenode is more popular...
Chanserv no longer is a remarkable feature. I have seen no server without something like that. Thus smaller servers are an alternative as they are less prone to netsplits. But then: #conlang exists on Freenode...
> c) what topic for the first (next) one? I'd pose something that's a
> question or other prompt so people come having something to share.
*dares to propose something*  I would be interested in how y'all do comparisons in your conlangs and what special cases exist there.
> d) you in?

Am
> Thanks,
> - Sai
~Mechthild
--
Va'xen tekne'het jasam alna! Va'xen tekne'het ojyu alna! Va'xen tekne'het tene'xen!
Let us make the world more colorful! Let us make the world crazier! Let us make the world our world!