> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Arnt Richard Johansen<[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
> > The UoC Magazine does indeed refer to "gxuu" in the lead-in paragraph.
> Odd e-mail orthography _and_ a repeated vowel. Do Esperanto words get
> stranger than that?
>
> If I were picking favorite words from Esperanto, I'd probably go for
> something that's opaque if you're trying to treat it as an "at-sight"
> language like Interlingua or Occidental, but perfectly clear when you
> know the derivation system; e.g. "aliĝilo", registration form;
> to-intransitivizer-tool-noun.   Or maybe "samurbano", sympolitan;
> same-city-member-noun.
I would have proposed samurbano as well. Another favorite word in E-o is funkcieti(sp?) for something which works but does not work well.
--
Va'xen tekne'het jasam alna! Va'xen tekne'het ojyu alna! Va'xen tekne'het tene'xen!
Let us make the world more colorful! Let us make the world crazier! Let us make the world our world!