I don't think one has to be the least bit forgetful to be flighty.  To me the basic meaning is "irresponsible" with a dollop of "impracticality".  In other words, to me, you can be forgetful without being flight and flighty without being forgetful.  Now, flighty persons may fairly frequetly combine their flightiness with forgetfulness, but I know plenty of forgetful persons who I would in no wise describe as "flighty".

Adam

Nivechigadu ul omu fi nu nul cunsiju djuls ímfius avevad amvuinadu, fi ni nal via djuls pecadorus avevad pedizadu, fi ni nul sedigu djuls zagagadus avevad xedjidigadu.

Saumu 1:1