On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Arthaey Angosii<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 8:31 AM, David McCann<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> While <ch> for /tS/ and <sh> for /S/ are
>> unobjectionable, it's hard to say the same about <gh> for /dZ/, <hh>
>> for /x/, <jh> for /Z/.
>
> I actually do use <jh> for /Z/ in the Asha'ille romanization. I came
> up with the orthography before I started studying linguistics and was
> unaware of <zh> being more common for that sound. At this point, I
> don't really want to change it. :)

I've had <jh> for /Z/ in Ilion. It looks a little out of place,
though, and I'm not happy with it. I'm note sure what to replace it
with, though, as I want to avoid <z> entirely (too angular for the
aesthetic I'm going for) as well as the Na´ve Anglophone Won't Mangle
It Principle (one of my design constraints, albeit one that's somewhat
flexible).