On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 17:57:18 +0100, Eugene Oh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Kelvin's thread about multiple tense agreement in his conlang on both nouns
>and verbs reminded me of my own conlang, Stryvacian [strI'veIS@n], that I
>created more than 5 years ago and is now collecting dust in a corner. Rather
>than multiple tense agreement, though, it has agreement on the verb not only
>with the subject but also with the object of the verb.
[...]
>At the time I was really proud of this innovation, but then of course I
>discovered some time later that ANADEW. What cold water!

_Polypersonal agreement_, i.e. verbs agreeing with more than the subject, is
far from unusual.  In fact I've read that, among natlangs that have any form
of participant agreement on the verb, polypersonal agreement is
statistically the norm, and IE is a little unusual as a family for so
solidly marking only the subject.

But I can't remember where I saw that.  I thought it might've been WALS, but
no, none such (and I'm not sure what kind of assumption on this point is
implicit in http://wals.info/feature/description/29 .)  Anyone know what I'm
talking about?

Alex