On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 13:59:20 -0400, Mark J. Reed <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>So I've posted a few samples of Okaikiar in recent threads.  I've been
>trying to make forward progress developing it (it only has ~250
>roots), but I'm finding that once again I am unhappy with the
>phonology and morphology.  So I'm going back to the drawing board, but
>I don't know if I should scrap the whole thing and make a new
>Okaikiar, or just set Okaikiar aside and make a new language instead.
>Any thoughts?

I'm a diachronicophile, so what I might be tempted to do in your situation
is bash on the old Okaikiar with sound changes and morphosyntactic changes
until I got something more to my liking.  Then, voila, not only do I have (a
framework of) a more pleasant language to work on, it comes with a history.
 (And if there are any particularly sketchy or implausible points of the
ancestor lang, you can wave your hands and chalk them up to inadequacies of
the "historical reconstruction"...).

Alex