Interesting. But it seems to me that a more readable scenario would be
something like the story of a couple of exo-linguists on expedition to a
distant planet deciphering the language of a lost civilization. That way
their discoveries about the language would have a plausible reason for being
introduced into the story. And perhaps by the end of the novel the reader
might be able to read and write an elementary version of the language of the
lost civilization of planet Caliphus delta 3.

--gary