Jens Wilkinson wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 5:27 PM, <deinx nxtxr><[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> MacLeod Dave wrote:
>
>> I still don't see why people look at language extinction as a negative thing
>> rather than just accepting it as normal change. �I know it's not good for
>> language enthusiast like we have here, but for the purely practical purpose
>> of communication we'd all be better off with fewer languages, if not just
>> one.
>>

> Be careful with that "we'd all". . . There are those of us who make a
> living in the field of translation and language teaching. :)

Sounds like the a guy I know hoping for scorching hot weather
because he's in the HVAC business.

I'm still looking into the TEFL idea.  I'm not sure I'd want to make
a full time career of it but it's enough to get me a visa where I
want to go, then I can maybe get my own business going in addition.

> I suppose if you are talking in the long-term, OK.

Yes, I don't expect it to happen right away.