Date:    Sat, 25 Jul 2009 09:15:46 -0700
From:    don zweig <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: doses of abx (uti)

Whenever i look up Keflex dosing for kids it says 25-100mg/kg divided
qid.  What kind of guideline is this; there is a 4 fold delta.  I was
looking at the U of Cinci guidelines for treating first uti in kids
and it says 25-100mg/kg.  This is not helpful.

What dose do you use?  does it need to be qid or like penicillin for
strept can it be bid?

don

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html