I concur with Todd.  We and have had an EZ-IO for approx 1 yr and our EMS a
little longer.  I have been involved in its use at least 10 times and nearly
half "popped" out.   All of these were on chunky toddlers.   My practice now
is to use the "adult" in all patients except neonates.  I also agree that a
slightly larger "platform" at the hub would greatly enhance securing of the
device.   Other than this, I have found the EZ-IO to be remarkably easy to
use and adopt.

Matt Greenberg
Bethel, Alaska

                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html