Dear Hilde,

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 02:58:47PM +0200, Hilde Bøe wrote:
> Hi,
> we are going to use the CMS called plone for the Edvard Munch
> Digital Archive, but we have no experience to share yet as we have
> just started working with it.

Plone was a good choice:

 Plone
 http://plone.org/

Other Zope/Python systems possibly worth considering are CPS and
Silva:

 Collaborative Portal Server (CPS)
 http://www.cps-project.org/

 Silva
 http://www.infrae.com/products/silva

Long term, the total costs associated with running a Zope/Python
system may be lower than running one of the more commonly used PHP
based systems. In my opinion, PHP CMSs can be difficult and expensive
to scale and replicate, are rarely `enterprise' quality, and suffer
from continual PHP-security-hole-of-the-week vulnerabilities. This can
be a constant drain on one's time and one's client/employer's pocket.

For a decent, easy to scale, easy to replicate, high availability,
secure CMS I would defintiely look into something written in Python:

 Zope.org :: Scalability and ZEO
 http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ZEO.stx

 Zope.org :: What Is Zope?
 http://www.zope.org/WhatIsZope

Best regards,

 Richard Mahoney

--
Richard MAHONEY | internet: http://indica-et-buddhica.org/
Littledene      | telephone/telefax (man.): +64 3 312 1699