We have been using drupal for publishing XML documents using the XML
content module: http://drupal.org/project/xmlcontent This is still in
development, but it works well.

It is also worth mentioning this effort: http://code.google.com/p/x2o/
which is basically combining the philosophy (and code) from drupal with
a pure XML database. Not much has been happening recently though.

Thanasis

--
Dr. Athanasios Velios
Ligatus Research Unit