> IMHO, the issues raised over the first three chapters are
> largely irrelevant. The book's value will be revealed on how
> well it lives up to what she claims it will do.

Some of the statements she makes could well get people thinking (and conlanging) in the wrong direction; in that sense, the criticisms made are not irrelevant.  Her goal seems to be the creation of naturalistic artlangs, which demands some understanding (however basic) of the ins and outs of how natlangs work.  We've all seen attempts at this go awry--Robert Jordan's Olde To'n'gue, e.g.; from her working assumptions (and advice based thereon), I fear her book will potentially add more fuel to the bad fantasy conlang bonfire.