I'm considering getting an iPod touch. Does anyone out there know how
well-suited it would be to conlanging? I realize that's a vague
question; here are some things I have in mind:
- Can I take notes on it in text that includes accents, IPA
characters, etc.? Right now I make notes on my Palm when a new
conlang idea hits me and I'm not near a computer or paper. I am
comfortable with X-SAMPA, but it would be really nice to be able to
use fancier characters.
- Are there any apps that would be useful as conlang dictionaries,
databases, or morphological analysis/interlinear tools?
- Are there any other conlangy things that I haven't thought of that
are possible?

OT:
- I also have a Japanese dictionary (PADict) on my Palm. Is there
anything like that for iPhone OS? Preferably free or cheap.
- Someone on IRC told me that newer versions of the iPhone OS have a
kanji input method, and not just on Japanese models. Is that true,
and can it be used to search in the aforementioned dictionary?
(PADict implements its own facility for writing kanji on the screen,
rather than using an OS feature; that would be OK too.)