Mark J. Reed wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 12:20 AM, Jeff Sheets<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> I wouldn't call myself a perlophobe.  I am a serious programming nerd, I
>> guess, and I have definitely written some WoW plugins in my time.  :)  I was
>> actually just stating a personal preference.  So, rather than complain about
>> which programming language each of us would prefer (sorry I opened this can
>> of worms...), how about we get back to features?
>
> OK by me.  Sorry, the Perl hatin' is a hot button of mine.  I'm also a
> serious programming nerd (<whips out CS degree here>) and I find Perl
> a perfectly cromulent programming language.  Besides, it was designed
> by an amateur linguist to include intentionally natlangish features;
> that should appeal to this crowd!  :)

I'm far from being a nerd but out of the several programming
languages I've learned to some degree or another over the past 30
years, Perl is certainly one of my least favorites.  That sloppy
inconsistent syntax just doesn't agree with me.  I much prefer well
structured programming languages like C.