IPA is not supported, and diacritics are troublesome to type at best. There
is Japanese input natively supported. Kanji is selected from a list after
the hiragana is typed out. AFAIK there are no such conlangy apps as yet,
though we have enough programmers/developers on the list to solve that
problem soon ;)
The touch also does not appear robust enough for database purposes, but
there are free Japanese dictionaries available.

Eugene