Jim Henry wrote:
> My various artlangs were mostly created for the fun of creating them,
> which mostly involves writing in them (my last few artlangs are almost
> all corpus with little or no grammar or lexicon; Gary Shannon's Kalusa
> project has strongly influenced the way I work).

That was how I originally worked, but then I switched to doing all the
grammar upfront. I am finding that this usually results in a grammar and
a vocabulary list, but not really a language.

I've really been thinking about going back to the method I used for
ea-luna: deciding a few basics, then writing, and when I
create/encounter a new construction, adding that new sentence to my
examples with an interlinear, notes, and sometimes some counter
examples. That method allowed me to learn it as I went, and made it feel
more like a living language in my head, compared to my more recent
efforts, which mostly feel like they are just out of reach, more like
museum pieces than "real" languages. (And that's been very disappointing
to me, because I love some of the ideas in them.)

Mia