Oh great, another Perlophobe.  Lua is more "accessible"?  It's got
bupkuss for data structures (yeah, the table is all you need!) or flow
control or modules, it's not there out of the box (tho neither is Perl
on Windows), and only serious programming nerds and WoW plugin authors
have even heard of it... Might as well write it in Erlang or Haskell.
Maybe INTERCAL - it'd be totally illegible, but a fun challenge! ;)

--
Mark J. Reed <[log in to unmask]>