Hi Todd,

My view would be if you are completely convinced it is viral
meningitis - no antibiotics.  If you are treating for bacterial
meningitis (even for the remote possibility of bacterial meningitis),
then use meningitic doses of antibiotics.

David

David F. Soglin, M.D.
Chairman, Department of Pediatrics
John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County  (Cook County Hospital)
Cook County Health and Hospitals System
1900 W Polk   Suite 1100
Chicago, IL   60612
Telephone: (312)864-4506