Although I'm sure most of you have read it, anyone who hasn't should get a copy of this:

Nelson, D.S. Humor in the pediatric emergency department: A 20 year retrospective. Pediatrics. 1992;89(6):1089-1090

It was part of our "core articles" in my Pediatric residency, and should be required reading to all in Peds, EM, and of course PEM.

Michael J. Verive, MD, FAAP
Medical Director - Pediatric Intensive Care
St. Mary's Hospital for Women and Children
3700 Washington Ave
Evansville, IN 47750