We also have the same situation and politics with no good answer.  So I would be interested in any suggestions and credentialing standards or programs.

Thanks,

David

David Markenson, MD, FAAP
Interim Chair, Department of Epidemiology and Community Health
Director, Center for Disaster Medicine
Associate Professor of Public Health
School of Health Sciences and Practice and Institute of Public Health
New York Medical College
Valhalla, NY 10595

Chief, Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital
at Westchester Medical Center
Valhalla, NY 10595

(914) 594-4808 (Epidemiology and Biostatistics Office)
(914) 594-4323 (CDM Office)
(914) 493-7656 (ED Office)
(914) 594-4909 (Direct)
(914) 594-4853 (fax)