We are studying this product here in Atlanta and already have it on formulary at one of our hospitals and are working on getting it on formulary at another. It is a surprising good product and we have been pleased with the results. All of the parents love it. It is not meant to be an alternative to po rehydration, but rather iv rehydration. It takes one nurse, one stick, about 2 minutes from start to finish, compared to average of 2 nurses, 2 sticks, 20 minutes. You can bolus 20 cc/kg with no problem, run maintenence fluids, etc. I believe you can give rocephin as well.  I think it costs about 85 dollars for an application and we have been getting fully reimbursed by Medicaid and private insurers.

> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:11:41 -0400
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: hylenex
> To: [log in to unmask]
>

> Here's a start See attachments Deborah
>
> This is very interesting. Can someone forward me some articles,
> references, and/ or protocols so I can look at the possibility of using this at our
> institution.
>

> Jason
>

> Jason A. Foland, MD
> Pediatric Critical Care Physician
> Nemours Children's Clinic
> www.nemours.org
> Medical Director, Pediatric Respiratory Therapy
> Sacred Heart Women & Children's Hospital
> www.sacred-heart.org
> Pensacola, Florida
>

> > Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:39:35 -0500
> > From: [log in to unmask]
> > Subject: Re: hylenex
> > To: [log in to unmask]
> >
> > How about Amphadase? It is cheaper.
> > Bovine vs Hamster...
> > Any comments?

HotmailŪ is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast.