16 year old h
Yes, this is a fun topic...one of my all-time favorites:

16 year old healthy male presents with the chief complaint "Stepped on a nail."  I came into the room and of course, he had both his shoes and socks on (why this is always true, I don't know).  So I asked him to remove the shoe/sock from the affected foot and examined it.  I had trouble finding the puncture wound.

"This is the foot?"

"Yeah"

"I don't see a mark from the nail."

"Oh, it didn't go through my shoe."

(Long pause as I straighten up from my bent over position and stare at him...confused look comes across my face.)

"So, you're saying the nail didn't go into your foot."

"No man, just went into my shoe."

(Cross my arms, shift one leg forward with my weight back on the other leg)

"Then *why* are you here?"

"My mom said if ya step on a nail, ya gotta go to the doctor."

(Shake my head, begin leaving the room, as I exit, I say to him...)

"Only if it hits your foot, big guy!"