Hello Everyone,

 I have been reading these stories and decided to add my own. One evening a mother came to the ED with her 13 yo daughter for a pregnancy test. With were her  two daughters ages 15,17. both pregnant.I ordered the pregnacy test. We I came back to give the news that it was positive. I was not sure that it would be taken well due to the child's age, interruption of school, etc. The mother's reaction was one of great joy and she shouted ĻI am so glad all of my daughters are pregnant at the same timeĻ. At that moment the whole family began to applaud. I did not know if I should take a bow or not. I let the room confused and sad.
Daniel Holloway

San Carlos, Az

> Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:26:46 -0700
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Great stories
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> I've had that one, too.
>

> Just a couple months ago had a 12 y/o girl brought in for vaginal bleeding in the peak evening rush. Mother even brought in the underwear as evidence and was waving it around in our triage area, and she had the two siblings and the Father jammed in the area as well. The diagnosis.... Menarche. I felt very badly for this girl who bore up to the humiliation pretty well, but our RN did a great job counseling both Mother and pt about menarche. For what it's worth they came back a few weeks later for an unrelated complaint so I was pleased to see they felt we were respectful even though it was a pretty frustrating visit.
>

> James Reingold, M.D.
>
> Cardon Children's Hospital
>
> Mesa, AZ
>

> > Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:53:30 +0000
> > From: [log in to unmask]
> > Subject: Re: Great stories
> > To: [log in to unmask]
> >
> > Had a 3 year old brought in at 4 am because his tooth(primary) fell off. She even brought along the tooth for possible reimplantaio
> > Noah Kondamudi

New! Open Messenger faster on the MSN homepage
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9677405