lingwadeplaneta wrote:
> --- In [log in to unmask], "<deinx nxtxr>" <deinx.nxtxr@...>
> wrote:
>
>> I've found it's hard to pick a good time to publish a conlang.
>> I did quite a bit of research and tinkering to SASXSEK before
>> publishing it, but still think it's initial publication was
>> premature now that I see how many changes have been made since
>> then. OTOH, the monster has to leave the lab sometime.
>>
>> I tend to making a conlang kind of like software development
>> where it could be released in steps like alpha and beta
>> releases of software packages.
>>

> My experience is that, although one'd like to have everything
> done magically, good decisions come little by little and one by
> one. And it's OK, but there is a problem of stopping tinkering.
> Once I visited an LFN's group, and it was announced there that
> the word for "little" is changed. So after so many years such
> basic words are still being changed! That's something I'd like to
> avoid for LdP, and currently I'm having an idea of setting a date
> of complete readiness of LdP (or final release date - I don't
> know how to name it better). Now that verbal noun derivation has
> been sorted out (there are some irregularities, but you know a
> complete regularity is so boring), I think that 1 May 2010 is a
> suitable date. Until then LdP is regarded as a work in progress;
> after that date it'll be regarded finished. However difficult it
> might be, we'll stop modifying and switch to another kind of
> activity: translations, propagation. Modifications may be
> introduced once in a while by some coun! cil, and those should be
> rather additions to vocabulary than changes in it.

I just tell everyone that what exists is incomplete an subject to
change at any time.   This means they are still free to learn and
use it if they like but it's best to just wait.  There will be a
point where I take SASXSEK and declare that there will be no more
changes.  At that point the languages should be learnable without
worrying about obsolete usages.  It will never be complete since
there will always be a need to expans on the lexicon, but at least
the foundation will be solidified.  The status of SASXSEK right now
is that the basic grammar and syntax are certainly well rooted.
It's the vocabulary that's in a state of chaos.  There are still
some basic terms missing and as I add roots, I sometimes find
potential conflicts or confusion so some other root may be
displaced.  Sometimes I have an urge to scrap the whole lexicon and
start over with some a priori phomosemanic system like I'm going for
my loglang.