Kjell Rehnstršöm wrote:
> <deinx nxtxr> skrev:
>>

>> This would bring the risk of scaring off the existing visitors as they
>> visit one of their favorite sites only to see a bunch of jibberish pop
>> up.  No site operator is going to take on anything that may run off
>> his existing users.  What may work would be a separate site running in
>> parallel, each with crosslinks to the other, or maybe just use cookies
>> to track which language each user prefers.
>>
> Ti idés fa me pensar pri un person qui vole probar si il posse aviar.
> Dunc il va al sómite e precipita se in li aer e probabilmen mori! Si un
> person have li idé que il posse aviar, lu max logic es que il proba
> jetar se in li aere del terre. In altri paroles it es plu bon que on
> proba usar li lingue sin ear via li anglesi lingue.
>
> Yo cannot propagate auxlangs by using the real auxlang, English! :-)

That does bring up another issue.  The availability of English or
other popular languages just makes it too easy *not* to use E-o.

I can think of quite a few interesting ways to generate interest but
they would involve marketing and advertising campaigns that would
mean spending money.  Some could create some sort of contest, but
make it so that entering and competing in the contest could only be
done using E-o.  The rules could be posted in E-o for a start.  Then
maybe the contest could be some type of treasure hunt game where all
the clues are given in E-o.  You could even put in some difficult or
tricky phrasing in the clues so that only those with more advanced
skills would really understand them.  The only flaw here is the
prize would have to be huge to motivate people enough to invest the
time to learn the language.