On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 6:12 PM, Lee<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> That's how I've seen and used it as well. Perhaps there are region differences, similar to how Californians take "the 101" while those of us in the Midwest "take 35"?

That depends on which highway. For example, in California (and
Oregon): "Take I5", but "Take the 405." I've heard both "Take 101."
and "Take the 101." Seems to be personal preference.

(Disclaimer, I spent my first 32 years in Los Angeles, but my second
32 years in Oregon, so things may have changed down there in the
interim.)

--gary