2009/8/17 Mark J. Reed <[log in to unmask]>:
> Many natlangs have only numbers for the days of the week (or most of
> them)... Arabic and Hebrew, for instance.  Japanese, too, I think.

Chinese does this (Day 1 to Day 6 + Day Heaven). Japanese names the
days by Sun + Moon + the five classical elements (Fire, Water, Wood,
Metal, Earth). (Or, alternatively, by Sun + Moon + the five classical
planets (Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn), since e.g. "Fire
Star" is the name for Mars. The Japanese week is, therefore,
isomorphic to (e.g.) the French one.)

Cheers,
Philip
--