--- In [log in to unmask], David Peterson <dedalvs@...> wrote:

> I actually do have a language somewhere that has these: Essive
> and Lative.  After all, that is how you make the directional cases:
> ad + essive = adessive, ad + lative = allative, ab + essive = abessive,
> ab + lative = ablative, etc.  So if it's just general stationari...ness
> and motion, why not Essive and Lative?

I don't feel that these are right.  My understanding is that "essive" indicates temporary existence and "lative" means direction to or into.  The two Senjecan cases I'm working with indicate change of location or no change of location, movement or no movement.  I'm looking for a name for cases that indicate to, into, out of, from, over, under, around, within, with, without, at, by, for, etc.  In Senjecas, a number of postpositions are used to state the "direction," then the case will determine if there is a change of location or not.  They walked under the bridge.  They sat under the tree.

So far, "stative/motive" looks good.  Thanks.

Charlie