On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Carsten Becker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Jim Henry schrieb:
>> With Angosey, I think pointing to your various CONLANG posts about the
>> language months or years before the novel was published would be
>> sufficient to show that you created the language first.

> I don't think that'd be valid evidence. But then, it's easy to write a
> wrong date on paper notes as well :\ As others proposed, I too think

Given the way it's a public mailing list that's archived in multiple
places, I think it would be reasonably strong evidence that you had
created a conlang before a certain date.  But not the best possible
evidence, to be sure.  One method I've heard recommended is to mail
yourself a copy of your work and put it away somewhere unopened; if
your claim to prior art is ever challenged, you can have the postmark
examined and the enveloped openened in the presence of a sufficient
number of disinterested witnesses, or maybe in court.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/