Mark J. Reed wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 11:51 AM, <deinx nxtxr> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Now I have a question that someone may know the answer to.  Does anyone know
>> of a utility that will take the .klc files from MSKLC and convert them for
>> use with Linux? (preferrably Ubuntu/Debian)
>
> I don't know what the .klc file format looks like, but the keyboard
> layout files in Ubuntu are a pretty easy to read and modify plain text
> format:
> key <TLDE> { [    grave, asciitilde,  dead_grave,   dead_tilde      ] };
>
> That's unshifted, shifted, with altGr, shifted with altGr...

I've seen the files and know I could figure it out.  I'm just trying
to avoid the duplication of effort.  Especially since it would take
a lot more time to redo all of this by editing a text file whereas
MSKLC made the task fairly simple.  Ultimately I'm sure I will end
up with a much better product given since Linux is much more
flexible than Windless.