On Thu, 2009-09-24 at 11:51 -0400, deinx nxtxr wrote:

> Now I have a question that someone may know the answer to.  Does
> anyone know of a utility that will take the .klc files from MSKLC
> and convert them for use with Linux? (preferrably Ubuntu/Debian)

I don't think anyone is going to do this, not just because the Linux
files are so quick to write, but because the transfer program would be
so tiresome to write.

The Windows keyboard driver converts, for example, scancode 38 to "a".
The Linux driver, on the other hand, converts position AC01
(alphanumeric section, third row up, first key) to "a", having already
converted 38 to AC01. It can't use the scancode, because that is
PC-specific and Linux is run on many types of computer: a Mac keyboard
would generate 8 for that key, a Sun 84, and so on.