On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 23:56:01 +0000, Thomas Thurman wrote:

>Is the correct protocol to make an introductory post when you join the
>list, or should you lurk for a while first?

Hi Thomas, and welcome!

I don't know if any such protocol exists, but it's nice to know that new
people come, and it's often helpful to learn about their interests and skills :)

[...]
>I did have a website about it but I lost it; I'm recreating the
>site but I only have the Babel text up at present:
http://nimyad.org/texts/babel

A question sort of inevitable with a conlang presented solely by a Babel
Text: _jinarec_ glossed 'in Shinar' makes me wonder what sound the {j}
stands for :)

Also, it seems that {c} is /k/, and together with the consequentially
head-first syntax this may suggest a Celtic source of inspiration. Correct?

I'm curious to see more grammar :)

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:45:16 +0200, Benct Philip Jonsson wrote:

>Lee skrev:
>>  And I think yours is the
>> first site I've visited that takes advantage of
>> CSS-downloadable fonts. Cool!
>
>What's the status on browser support for such?
>It apparently works in FF 3.5.2, but where else?
>Not in MSIE, surely!

On my WinXP machine it fails in FF 2.0.0.20 and MSIE (any versions?); does
work with Opera 10.

The technology appears really useful for presentation of linguistic stuff,
so it would be helpful to be aware of the limitations and workarounds.

And I liked the highlighting too. It doesn't intervene with mouse selection.
Cool!

--
Basilius