On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 21:30:38 -0600, Lee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> --- On Fri, 9/25/09, Eric Christopherson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> From: Eric Christopherson <[log in to unmask]>
>> On Sep 24, 2009, at 11:59 AM, David McCann wrote:
>> > I find this group well worth subscribing to, and will be very cross if
>> > the mirroring is discontinued!
>>
>> Don't worry; no one seems to know the password to it, so it
>> can't be discontinued anyway.
>>

> OK, really dumb question.... Unless there is some long-ago discontinued
> feature still in effect, how is it that a Yahoo! group is actively
> pulling posts from the list?
>
> AFAIK, a posts have to be sent to a Y! group for distribution to its
> members.... Which would indicate one of the list's subscribers is an
> address to the Y! group....

Yahoo! groups started with the purchase of eGroups, an older service,
which is where the Conlang mirror/archive originally was (if it's not as
old as Onelist).  Presumably [log in to unmask] (which was at one point,
apparently, a working address for the list) or some similar 'magic'
address still links this list and Yahoo!.

	*Muke!
--
http://frath.net/