> From someone who is not an especially active or proficient conlanger's
> point
> of view, I think that English speakers couldn't understand it at all. Of
> course, everybody here, who know all sorts of roots, would probably find it
> easier than I would, but from a layman's perspective, I don't feel this
> conlang fullfills its purpose.

True, the vast majority of readers would pass it by without much
understanding-but the alternative was a relex of English.  I was shooting
for something more difficult than Middle English but still having some
recognizable English words.  I think that an interested reader could
decipher it given enough time (which is certainly NOT true of my main
conlang, Angosey) but I concede that it is not as transparent as I indicated
on my original post.

> > > Ha Spiriti *berjera* me ista, j ni wae daerth fl.
> > < French

Yep!  I figured someone who knew French would catch that pretty quick, and
it would be a dead giveaway.

> > > *Swarda asl* i lae ya *reposa* ko *kausa* hae,
> > swards (pastures) blue (green?)  rest/lie down   cause

Exactly...for some reason I always get verde and azul mixed up.  I meant it
to be "green swards" like  you guessed.

>So how exactly does 'ji ni way fil' work, and what is 'lae'? Ah, and
>the 'le' in 'appela le for'?

Ji ne wae dred fil "I not shall dread feel"

"lae" is the third person feminine singular (apparently God is a girl in Ha
Yalenn)

"appela le for" is "for her name" so "le" is the third person feminine
possessive pronoun

>Somehow the first line just had the right rhythm to be Psalm 23, and
>then there were words like 'anim me', 'Spiriti' of course, 'reposa',
>and 'via magnami' that made me sure.

Ha Yalenn grammar is noun heavy and verb poor.  I derived my inspiration
from Korean, which generates a lot of verbs using the construction
[noun]+hada and [noun]+issda

For example, in Korean:

jeonhwa hada  "To call on the telephone"
sarang hada "To love"
iyagi hada "To tell a story"
jaemi issoyo "To be fun"
mashis issoyo "To be delicious"

So in Kanta Vedu Treda we see only four verbs:
fil "feel"
hae [from Korean] "do, cause, create, change"
ista "to be"
los "located at"

For example:

Gat ya vid hae
The cat sees me
literally:  The cat does sight to me.

Ji dred fil
I am afraid
literally:  I feel fear.

Amazing how much easier it is to write in Ha Yalenn than Angosey, since
Angosey is completely a priori and Ha Yalenn steals a lot of roots from
English and French.

--
Daniel C. Bowman
8100 Barstow NE #2204