> I did not plan to write for M$ software, because I can bear Windows all of
> 5 minutes before screaming at the stupid thing.

You mentioned earlier about having some sort of interactive dictionary.
I've written one using MS Excel and Visual Basic for Applications, which in
light of the above comment wouldn't help you much, but feel free to email me
off list if you'd like to look at the source code.

Note:  I'm going to release the finished program to this list once I iron
out a few non-critical yet annoying bugs as well as write a user's manual.
However, it's still pretty rough and I don't want everyone using it till it
works properly all the time.