On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Paul Hartzer <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> > From: maikxlx <[log in to unmask]>
> > These are good examples of how ambiguous languages can be.  I agree with
> > your reading of and with impersonal verbs, except
> > for the minor quibble that I think that it's safer to say that the agent
> is
> > simply unexpressed, not necessarily (however likely) "I".

In Angosey, if the agent is unexpressed, it's assumed to be the first person
("I").  However, you can express a different agent by using the suffix -eo
(this suffix also denotes the object of some postpositions, which is a whole
other story).

Examples of disjuncts in Angosey

Without subject (implied first person)

Helen zirau isa elen.
hope DISJUNCT see FUTURE I you.
Hopefully I'll see you.

With disjunct subject

Helen zirau eleo isa elen.
hope DISJUNCT see FUTURE you DISJUNCT_SUBJECT I you.
Hopefully for you, I'll see you.