On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 21:42:55 -0500, Eric Christopherson wrote:

> In a language where verbs and nouns are not formally distinguished  
> (syntactically or morphologically), what would one call this class of  
> word? I'm tempted to call it a predicate, and I think I may have read  
> something calling it that, but to me a transitive predicate includes  
> the object as well.

IIRC, Loglan (which has no formal noun/verb disctinction) calls them
"predicate words"; Lojban has "gone native" and uses the Lojban word
_brivla_, which is derived from the Lojban words for 'predicate' and
'word', if I am not mistaken.  In my own engelang Quetech, which
likewise differentiates nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs only
by their position in the clause and by prepositions and other
particles, they are called "lexemes".

... brought to you by the Weeping Elf