On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 8:30 AM, Toms Deimonds Barvidis
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I decided that it would best for
> Longrimol to have no genders (except for natural, like "he" vs "she", "daughter" vs "son".

Why do you even need "he" vs "she" or "daughter" vs "son"?  I could
see "mother" vs "father" since the biological details of the
relationship differ, but even so I'd expect the everyday word to be
non-specific ("parent").

> If any of you have an elflang, wold you be so kind and share with some of your ideas?

Hm.  While I have created a race of extradimensional beings who
resemble Tolkienian Elves and are supposed to have been the
inspiration for the folklore in my conworld, I never developed their
native language or culture.  Really my point with the primary
character was that he acted like a normal human: he wears jeans and
sneakers/trainers and a collection of T shirts, and uses a skateboard
get around. (I was somewhat nonplussed when Legolas pulled the
skateboard stunt in the Two Towers film.)
--
Mark J. Reed <[log in to unmask]>