--- In [log in to unmask], Peter Bleackley <Peter.Bleackley@...> wrote:

> My main conlang was the original language of the fantasy world in which
> it is spoken. At that time, it didn't need a name, as there were no
> other languages to contrast it with. However, over time, other languages
> diverged from it and it began to fall out of use in its original form.
> Wizards, however, preserved it, as they found that it was the only
> language in which spells would work. It therefore acquired the name
> KhangaÞyagon, meaning "magic language".

I can say almost the same thing about Senjecas.  "Original language...didn't need a name."  As other languages developed in the conculture, it was kept as the lingua franca.

Senjecas < 'senas,' ancient, antique + 'jekas', language, < 'jeka,' to speak.  In my very first orthography I used <c> where now I use <k>.

Charlie