On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:04 PM, Sai Emrys <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> One of the LCS mailing lists is getting an annoying amount of spam.
>
> It's all from the same people, so it should be easy to block. But my
> attempts haven't worked.
>
> Here's an example subject line:
> Subject: Photo Editing - Photo Cutout Services
>
> And here's the rule I added in privacy / spam filters / header_filter_rules:
> Subject: .*Photo Editing.*
>
> But it ain't working.
>
> Do any of you know what's wrong with it?

Have you retyped "Photo Editing"? If yes, try copypasting from the
spamming message: the spamming program might be using a letter from a
non-Latin alphabet that looks the same as a Latin letter to humans,
but is actually different for computers.

And maybe make a quarantine folder, to which you'll make the rule
direct the messages, which you'll check every so often before deleting
its content. Just in case someone writes you a legit message about
photo editing.

Best

Claude

--
The Education Technology and Change journal
http://etcjournal.wordpress.com/ now tweets its posts and comments in