2009/11/11 Mark J. Reed <[log in to unmask]>

> Lesbos? So what's their take on the whole "give us our name back, gay
> women!" brouhaha from a couple years ago?  It was a politically silly
> but linguistically fascinating story, and I be interested in a local's
> thoughts.

I actually never asked them about that, nor did they ever mention anything
about it (despite me being in Lesbos just 1 month after that brouhaha had
found its way on the news). Frankly, I don't think they care either way.
Inhabitants of Lesbos (whatever their name is ;) ) are mostly down-to-earth,
practical people who don't really bother with disputes about names. They're
too busy trying to make a living selling their olives :) .

But if ever the conversation comes to that subject, I'm make sure to make a
note of their reaction :) .
--
Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets.

http://www.christophoronomicon.nl/