On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Larry Sulky <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<Snip translations (that I agree with)>

> "podali" and "podelo" don't give me enough to
> model the present progressive of "tadalu".
>
> ---larry

Part of the idea for evolving a conlang by this process is to leave
some things underspecified by the specimen sentences so that at each
round of new translations there is room for the next translator to
innovate, thus introducing mutations and/or novel features into the
language.

For example, we could discard four of the first five specimens from
round one and replace them with your five translations, then propose
five novel sentences to be translated by the next person in the
rotation. These new sentences are to be translated WITHOUT recourse to
the sentences of the first round, since the second person in the round
robin has NOT seen the first round sentences. In this way the
mutations and novel features are cumulative, while "archaic" sentences
drop out of sight. E.G.:

Round Two

Specimens (without word spacing):

He helped mother. Wanarutipodelo.
I found the dog. Ponayanuleyato.
You are-helping the cat. Sakitupodali.
The boy called her. Kisasimusato.
The girl is-chasing us. Makebosusosati.
Mother saw him. Rutawanutadalu.
The dog is chasing the cat. Yanakitusosati.
We are finding him. Bosawanuleyato.
I see mother. Ponarutitadali.
The boy called you. Kisasusato.
She helps the girl. Simimakepodali.

Translate: (again, requiring at least one unattested novel innovation)

Mother found the cat.
We helped the boys.
I see your mother.
She is-chasing him.