If it's okay to slip outside of geographic items, we do have something
called NECI (pronounced /'nEki/ or for the English speakers "neckie")
here, which is New England Culinary Institute.  But nobody in Central
Vermont seems to call it New England Culinary any more, it's always just
"neckie".

Likewise there's NEKCA (pronounced /'nEk@/ or "neckah") which is
NorthEast Kingdom Community Action, a group operating in the three
north-eastern counties of Vermont (Essex, Orleans, Caledonia) which
collectively are known as the Northeast Kingdom.

I believe many Russians used to refer to the Soviet Union by the
initials CCCP (no, that's not in Unicode, I'm too lazy to add the
keyboard layout or go hunt up the characters...) which they pronounced
/Es.'sEr/.  Or so I've heard from at least native Russian speaker, but
maybe that was regional or something.  Hopefully someone here can
confirm or correct.