On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 1:22 AM, Keziah Wesley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> "Supermarket® Block-o'-Cheese™" tend to have slightly less lactose
> than milk; traditionally made cheeses have a very low lactose content;
> aged cheeses tend to have negligible lactose.

That's because Artificial American Processed Cheese Food* is mostly
not made of milk. I saw an advertisement years ago that trumpeted the
fact that Suchandsuch brand had "an ounce of milk in every slice!". I
nearly threw something through the TV.

*"So that's why my cheese has been turning green! I haven't been feeding it!"