On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 7:16 AM, John Vertical <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Okay, everyone and their mother has a romlang. I've also seen an assortment
> of Slavic offshoots, Germanic offshoots, future English variants,
> independant PIE branches, and the odd Arabic, Greek, Uralic or even
> Tungusic
> derivativ.
>
> What else has been done in the field? This, after all, still really covers
> only a small portion of the world's language families. For example, are
> there any Indo-Iranian conlangs out there? Algonquian? Austronesian? Bantu?
> Basque? etc. It would be interesting to see a compendium of what has and
> has
> not been done...

I'm very slowly learning Ojibwe (& Cree) so that I can pick it apart, along
with what I can find about Proto-Algonquian, mostly so that one day I can
make a sister conlang, perhaps along the lines of, what would a language of
the algonquian familiy spoken in Manitoba, look like if the europeans had
never expanded beyond lower canada. what it the natives had gotten their
stuff together and kicked us all out past lake of the woods? Maybe even
Natvie control of everything between the rockies and the great lakes north
of the 49th parallel?