Alex Fink wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:25:21 -0800, Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Where would "The fish [that the man bought it] was fresh" fit in?
>> Double-headed?
>
> No, probably just the ordinary type, with a resumptive pronoun;
> probably they don't care about the difference between a pronoun and a
> gap.
>
> At a glance I don't see explicit mention of this in the text, but it
> can't be that this type is counted as double-headed just on frequency
> grounds: resumptives are quite common, and WALS only records one lang
> in its double-headed category.

There is no actual descriptions of the *values* anywhere AFAIK, unless
there are some in the actual book (which one may not remove from the
premises of the library), and of course no examples. It would be
interesting to know how the languages plotted in for these values were
set for the 'A'-values, I'm guessing all that are set for 81B are "No
dominant word order" for 81A, but what about the 90<x>es?

t.