Philip Newton wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 16:40, R A Brown <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> At long last I've begun updating the TAKE pages by starting with the Conlang
>> discussion at the end of January and the beginning of February, 2008
>> concerning Philip Newton's WHAT calendar for 2012 (i.e. approximately 2008
>> in our time-line). This is long overdue!!
>
> I wonder whether you'd consider changing WHAT to WHATL to make it more
> googleable? (I made that change on my Rhaetian page, which is also set
> in WHATL.)

Even WHATL is not exclusive, I see. Unfortunately, Google's
not case sensitive even if you put the word in quotes. I
tried "WHAT" - no good.

I suppose I'll have to go through all the pages and change
WHAT to WHATL (presumably pronounced "whattle" - a sort of
cross between 'wattle' and whittle  ;)

BTW I saw something about the date of Easter when I browsing
WHATL. The principle is the same as in our world: the Sunday
on or after the full moon following the Spring equinox. The
trouble here is that the Spring equinox was fixed for the
purposes of calculating Easter at 21st March. In the
Gregorian calendar this is about right, but it's got way out
in the Julian calendar which the Orthodox still use for
calculating Easter.

But in WHATL the papacy is at Pella, not Rome, and there's
been no division between the Greek & Latin churches (mainly
because thee was no Latin Church in WHATL!), so Pope
Gregorios XIII's calendar reform was accepted everywhere.
For the purposes of calculating Easter, the equinox is set
at 27th day of Δύστρο (Dystro).

Of course the full moon is not the actual full moon, but one
calculated by tables. I guess I need to update the 'Time'
page as well!

--
Ray